Menu Pages

 photo 1_zpsa9b298a6.jpg2 photo 2_zpsd222a60a.jpg3 photo 3_zps7db436ab.jpg4 photo 4_zps41ac1bac.jpg photo 5_zpsad3e4bd5.jpg photo 6_zpsd8609ae4.jpg

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Just a Few Things I Want to Share....

So, I'm out-of-town right now babysitting for a while, and while the kiddo is watching a movie and I scroll though Pinterest and listen to Mat Kearney, I have the urge to pour some things out. Whether or not anyone reads my blog, it's just a good thing to do once in while. So, here goes nothin'!


Rambling:
Now that is JULY (where'd the time go?), I'll be going to college next month! Oui, you read right, August! I'm sort of nervous, yet really excited. It's a new, fresh start and I'm ready (I think) to start this chapter of my life. You know what's also weird? This will be the first time my sisters and I are going to different schools...in different states (triplets..)!!!! I always thought I was the one who was going to go to school the farthest away and my sisters would be close to home. Wrong. As a matter of fact, I'm the closest (an hour and a half away). I pretty much hated high school so I'm looking forward to these next four years at CofC!!

This is a tricky one: I love food (obviously) and I love to travel (who doesn't). But how do you combine the two into a career? I'm going to college because I feel the need to learn more info. But, on the other hand I want to go to culinary school somewhere or learn from some badass in France. How do I do both? Well, I'm pushing to study abroad sometime in my college career. I was actually looking today on my school's website and there are copious amounts of internships/volunteer/teaching opportunities. Pretty cool, right?

Ah, well since this one big rambling post, I want to share some of  random things make me really happy! I guess you could call this my "Verbal Pinterest Board"....
-France...well, this one is pretty self-explanatory. I went in April...fucking. loved. it
-Coldplay....Chris Maritn has the voice of an angel. No matter what I'm feeling, there's a song that represents it. Oh yeah, 'Yellow' & 'Clocks' will forever be my favorite songs.
-Mat Kearney- I was introduced my an old friend. His music makes me feel alive and well.
-John Mayer- I went to his concert back in December 2013. I know some people are not a fan, but I personally think he's got a kick ass voice.
-Dominique Ansel- I was in NY back in December and I convinced my sisters and my exchange student, Larissa, to wake up at 6 AM and take a cab to SoHo to stand in line for about 2 hours to get my little hands on a Cronut. We did it. I am so inspired by Monsieur Ansel. His incredible dedication and innovation for pastry has made me dig deeper and explore what the world of pastry has to offer. Words cannot simply express my love for his work! You are the man M. Ansel!
-Cute & chic party deco....like the stuff you see on Pinterest & Etsy. I don't why, but it makes me  really happy. But then I have an urge to make things like confetti balloons and mini banners.
-Yoga- this has been a big one for a while now but there's nothing quite like a moving & empowering class that just makes you feel grounded and at peace (and fearless!!!!!)
-Kinder- ever since I went to France, I've been hooked to these damn things. And the best part was that I was there during Easter and I got Kinder eggs. That's right, the chocolate hollow eggs with a prize inside. Beat that, nasty Peeps. (I heard they were illegal in the US....whaaaaat?!)
I went to a grocery store in France with my host family & just had to snap a picture. The French don't mess around when it comes to Easter chocolate.

-Vine- whenever I need a good laugh, this is my go to. Especially Jerome Jarre & Dr. Harley!
-Getting magazines in the mail.... there's nothing like coming home from school/work and seeing a nice glossy Bon Appetit or Food & Wine. I just love 'em.
-Chocolate Mousse.... I recently tried some salted caramel chocolate mousse from David Lebovitz's new book, My Paris Kitchen. I remember when I made it; it was just my sister and I, so I made a nice roast chicken followed by this sinful dessert. I can't say much about the mousse itself because you're gonna have to find out yourself. It's worth it, folks.




So, that pretty much concludes this post. I have a lot of things going on and boy, is it moving fast.

Be good & bonne nuit,
Brianna x

1 comments:

  1. Oooh! You're taking a big leap by going to college. I'm sure you're going to rock it. Studying abroad is a wonderful idea, especially if it's somewhere in beautiful France. Anyway, we have eight things in common on the list that makes you happy. One of them, of course, is chocolate mousse. Haha! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Brianna! All the best!

    Deborah Williams @ Choice Career College

    ReplyDelete

designed with ♥ by Saffy Loves Designs