Menu Pages

 photo 1_zpsa9b298a6.jpg2 photo 2_zpsd222a60a.jpg3 photo 3_zps7db436ab.jpg4 photo 4_zps41ac1bac.jpg photo 5_zpsad3e4bd5.jpg photo 6_zpsd8609ae4.jpg

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Trip to Paris, My Friends, & My Future




Coucou everybody!

It's been quite some time since I've posted on here (I'm sorry!) but I've been up to some pretty awesome things.

...ok, where do I begin? Hm....

Well, I achieved one of my lifelong dreams & traveled to France. I still can't believe that I was able to go...it still seems like a dream. Have you ever felt that way?? Anyway, here's a bit of insight of what I did abroad in the land of cheese and chocolate ;)

-April 11: Arrived in Paris at 6am...did not sleep at all during the flight. (Note to self: do not watch the movie Taken while flying to Paris...) My group and I checked in the hotel & headed off for some breakfast. I spotted a little boulangerie where I bought my first pain au chocolat (it was pretty epic). Then, off to the Louvre. Man, was this place beautiful. Though, I'm not an art officiando, each piece of art was absolutely magnificent. I can't say much, so you're gonna have to see it for yourself! Oh, and I must add one thing; the employees at the Louvre...damn... those pointy shoes.

i saw this lovely display at one of the supermarkets. the french definitely don't mess around when it comes to chocolate

just strolling around the streets of paris
my host family picked up some pastries from a local bakery in Bléré, France
le nipo bistro in Paris

the streets of Loches

behind the notre dame on easter

so cliche, but i how cool is this?

notre dame on easter

the louvre. what beautiful architecture

the chocolate chaud from Bigot was pretty sinful

some comte i bought back in Loches and a baguette from a boulangerie in paris. i was leaving the next day, so i just sat in front of my hotel window, opened it, and enjoyed the few moments of my time in paris


If you would like to see some of the pictures from my trip, click here

And that was just only day 1, folks ^^^

To sum things up, I went to Paris for a few days, explored, ate, drank, & admired all that Paris had to offer. After Paris, the group and I took the TGV to Loches where I stayed with the lovely Baptista family & went to Saint Denis International School (shoutout to Mr. Webbs!--'spicy girls!'). Following, we headed back to Paris and hung out in Montmarte, Luxembourg Gardens, and the Notre Dame (on Easter, of course)! Of course, this tidbit does not do any justice, so you're gonna have to go to France and find out all the wonders yourself ;)


As for other BIG news....I graduated high school! I am so pleased to share that I'll be attending the College of Charleston this fall. Also, some of the best people I have ever met are leaving. This year, my school hosted a lot of exchange students and somehow or another, we all became the best of friends. It breaks my heart to see them go but I damn, how lucky was I that I was able to hang out with such amazing people? Larissa, Michael, Katy, Sophie, Dennis, Julia, Jil, Carmen, Karim, & Carmen #2 you each hold a special place in my heart.


It certainly has been an incredible year. With all the ups and downs, highs and lows, I wouldn't change it for the world. I am so excited to embark on this 'new' journey and be that much closer to achieving my dreams. I know that it's just the beginning and the best is yet to come. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with ♥ by Saffy Loves Designs